"I am called of God. My authority is above that of kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my master and He has chosen me to represent Him--to stand in His place, to say and do what He Himself would say and do if He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me. My voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts; my doctrine is His doctrine.My Commission is to do what He wants done; To say what He wants said; to be a living modern witness in word and in deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous Latter-day work. How great is my calling!"
-Bruce R. McConkie

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Back to Temple Square!

Hey Hey!
I'm back on Temple Square! It is really fun to be back here with all of the Sisters. My last week at Park City was really great. I saw so many miracles which made it hard to leave because it is such a special place. Meeting one lady that came in from Tennessee while her husband and two kids were skiing was probably one of the best experiences of my life. I took her to the computer and started her out and then she turned to me and said,"Actually I just have a few questions about your church. Is that okay?" haha is that okay..such a dream come true for me. She had read a book about one of Brigham Young's wives that was a bad perspective on pologamy so she had a lot of questions. She was pretty surprised to hear that we haven't practiced it in over 100 years =) She had also heard that we have lots of kids because we get a planet for every kids
we have...she figured thats why the Osmonds had so many, haha, I loved it. But the best was that she asked my favorite question,"so what is different about you guys?" I was able to teach her about the restoration and ran to grab my Book of Mormon to read some to her. The Spirit was incredibly strong and I had a feeling of knowing her before and thought to myself,"Finally we've met!" She is going to have the missionaries bring her a Book of Mormon and teach her more, and she asked for my email so we can keep in contact...we'll see! She was definately under 5 ft. tall and as I walked her to the door she reached her arms up to me to give me a hug and it was the best feeling in the world!

So here I am back at Temple Square now. I have the BEST companion ever. Sister Betsy O'Brien is from Michigan and just one transfer ahead of me. I've secretly always dreamed of being her companion =) We've only been together a few days but its been great so far. I prayed that I would have a new and challenging experience this transfer so I suppose that is why I got called to be a zone leader =/ Its kind of overwhelming at times but I like it because we have 20
great companionships in our zone and I love getting to know them and serve them. The only disadvantage so far is you have to wear a suit coat when meeting with President and thats kind of frequently. I despise suit coats--I look like a Sr. Citizen.

Oh yesterday we were in the Beehive House and an awesome guy from Colorado on a business trip came in. We had a WONDERFUL tour and found out he had received a BOM 40 years ago while he was in Medical School at Northwestern. It was from a guys who was a University of Utah student who transfered there and became friends with him. He said he had read some of it but I asked if he had prayed about it and he said no. I read Moroni 10:4-5 and he looked up and said,"I still know where my BOM is, and I think I'll read it again and pray about it." Then he asked,"Is that unusual that someone would still have a BOM after 40 years?" I just said, "Yes, but the Lord works in mysterious ways" =) I wish the member that gave him the Book of Mormon could know this story. I love being a missionary!!!

Thanks for your love and prayers! Sister Olsen
ps my pday is usually friday but sometimes it will be thursday. email early =)

No comments: