"I am called of God. My authority is above that of kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my master and He has chosen me to represent Him--to stand in His place, to say and do what He Himself would say and do if He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me. My voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts; my doctrine is His doctrine.My Commission is to do what He wants done; To say what He wants said; to be a living modern witness in word and in deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous Latter-day work. How great is my calling!"
-Bruce R. McConkie

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year!!!

Hi Fam! This Christmas was so wonderful. Thank you for the oranges and gifts, it was such a special Christmas! On Christmas Eve we went to the Humanitarian Center and had a nice dinner, then we worked on different service projects like quilting and putting together school kits. It was so much fun! We got stockings and a couple of books about Temple Square. On Christmas morning it was just Sister Romero and I and we opened presents together and then we went to the Taylors for breakfast. In the afternoon we went down to the square and we all had dinner together and had a musical Christmas program. Each zone sang a different song and there were some awesome solos. I loved it. Christmas away from home is different, but still wonderful. The day after Christmas we had a record number of people accept to have the missionaries to come to their homes and I think that was my very best Christmas present. Most of the people who come in are not from around here but this week there was a really sweet lady who has lived in Park City for about 20 years. We spent a lot of time together and I really got to know her and a lot about her family. We had a very sweet moment when I asked her if she believed she would see her family members who had passed on again after this life. Her eyes filled with tears and she said,"I really hope there is something after this life and I get to seem them again, but I don't know." I told her she could know, as I do, and I invited her to have the missionaries come to her home and teach her more and when she handed me the referral card, on the comment line it simply said,"hot chocolate served here." It made me smile. There was also a young Columbian guy who is here for a month to help him learn English and he said he had been to Temple Square to see the lights. He struggled to say,"I really like the temple" and he was so happy that there was a Temple in Bogota and missionaries as well that he could meet with. YAY!!!! It's just neat to see that people can be from just down the road or a few countries away and they are both looking for the same answers and recognize what they feel here. I have less than a week left here =( I love it so much and I am sad to leave. I'm not sure when my next p-day will be either because of transfers.

Today for p-day we went grocery shopping and then to walmart to develop pictures and Sister Romero and I decided we wanted to go up to the St. Regis Hotel at Deer Valley and look around. So many creepy fur coats, hats, and boots haha! We didn't really fit in but it was very beautiful and we had a good time people watching. I told Sister Romero as we were leaving that we needed to make one more quick trip to Walmart so I could get my self-esteem back =) I think we are closing early for new years because we are surrounded by bars and there will probably be some sketchy people on the street...we'll probably watch them stumble around from our balcony--i thoroughly enjoy that for some reason. Then I'll set my alarm for 12 so I can say happy new year and give my stuffed animal a kiss. parrrtaaaaayy! haha New Years is so not a missionary holiday.

Happy New year!!!!! Be safe!!! I love you!!!!! xoxoxo, Sister Maegan

No comments: