"I am called of God. My authority is above that of kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my master and He has chosen me to represent Him--to stand in His place, to say and do what He Himself would say and do if He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me. My voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts; my doctrine is His doctrine.My Commission is to do what He wants done; To say what He wants said; to be a living modern witness in word and in deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous Latter-day work. How great is my calling!"
-Bruce R. McConkie

Saturday, January 30, 2010

me again.

I love serving on temple square. I had the BEST experience yesterday. The temple has been closed for the last two weeks for cleanings/repairs and yesterday a couple of districts got to go and help with the cleaning. Sister O’Brien and I were assigned to help a guy repair benches in the chapel and we were basically just holding things in place while he drilled which was easy. Then after a while they said, okay we need everyone to go help move some chairs on the 5th floor. My DREAM has been to see the Solemn Assembly Room and that’s where we went! In the room there are 4 spiral staircases that are on some videos of the temple that I've always wanted to walk on =). As I touched the beautiful seats that the First Presidency sits in and took time to walk around looking at the intricate pioneer woodworking that covered the entire room I was amazed and reverenced at the time and effort that went into every inch of the building. I went up to the highest row of the balcony and sat for a minute and felt an overwhelming sense of peace as I thought about who had sat in there, and the words that have been spoken by prophets and apostles over the last century. We got to wonder around to many parts of the temple that I had never seen before and every inch was amazing. It is hard to describe, but it was one of the best experiences of my life.
In contrast to this experience, tonight we will be going to the Jazz game as a zone =) I’m not sure how we receive permission for that one but we are the last zone that is allowed to go! I can’t find my Suns shirt though =(
I feel like each day of this transfer I couldn’t possibly be more tired at the end of the day or see more miracles but they just keep happening! We met an awesome guy from Singapore Sunday morning who had never heard of the church before, but is here for business for a couple of weeks. He said he was really missing his two little sons and thought Temple Square would be a good place to find peace. He was so ready for the gospel and I just said, “God guided you here to hear this message, now you have to share it with your family and friends in Singapore.” He was more than happy to accept the missionaries. He was particularly memorable to me but there are so many more people just like him. I’m sad for the film festival to be ending because we got some pretty interesting people from it =)
Its true! Its all true! And I get to share it! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY
Love, Maeg
p.s. Nobody mentioned seeing my profile in the Church News this week hahaha




No comments: