"I am called of God. My authority is above that of kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my master and He has chosen me to represent Him--to stand in His place, to say and do what He Himself would say and do if He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me. My voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts; my doctrine is His doctrine.My Commission is to do what He wants done; To say what He wants said; to be a living modern witness in word and in deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous Latter-day work. How great is my calling!"
-Bruce R. McConkie

Saturday, February 6, 2010

happy pday!

Hi!
Let me tell you about one of my favorite phone calls of my whole mission. So I've been working on calling all of Sister OBriends friends back in Michigan to invite them to meet with the missionaries, its really fun. Then her mom sent her a guys number and she said, "I know we are suppose to invite everyone, but I just really don't want you to call him. I don't know why! I just don't know why my mom would send me that number!" I talked her into letting me, since it can't really do any harm. I tried him a few times, left a message, and no luck. We both decided it really wasn't ment to be then I said,"Okay just one more try and I'll quit!" I called and someone else answered the phone and said that it wasn't Mikes number anymore. And then he asked,"So is Mike a missionary?" I was a bit confused but then I realized that on my message I said I was a missionary. I explained the situation to him and he was really nice about it. Then I told him I didn't believe in coincidences, especially in missionary work, and that I think God wanted me to invite him instead. He had never heard of the church before so I taught him a bit and invited him to meet with missionaries. He said yes! He pretty much had every reason in the world to say no but he said yes! And I invited him to pray about all of the things the missionaries would teach him and he was way chill and just like, "Ya definately I'll do that, thank you." When I hung up Sister O'Brien's eyes filled with tears. The address the guy gave me was in her home Branch. Her Dad had just written her two days earlier about how the Branch was fasting for missionary opportunities that Sunday. The day I called =) It strengthened my testimony that Heavenly Father know where we are and how to reach us. Our number in the call center is one number different than Direct TVs...so we get lots of their calls. Some sisters just say wrong number, but I know the people that call us were meant to, so I always get a testimony and invitation in there somehow!
This week I was on exchanges a few different times and I love exchanges because the Lord always provides the best teaching opportunites. But I always secretly miss being with Sister OBrien during them. We have such a good time together. Today we are going to the mall but she has really painful tendenitis in her leg and I told her we could only go if I could push her in a wheelchair. That will be an adventure =) Like people don't already stare at us like we are aliens when we go to the mall....ha!
peace out!!!!!!!! love, Sister Olsen

No comments: