"I am called of God. My authority is above that of kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my master and He has chosen me to represent Him--to stand in His place, to say and do what He Himself would say and do if He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me. My voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts; my doctrine is His doctrine.My Commission is to do what He wants done; To say what He wants said; to be a living modern witness in word and in deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous Latter-day work. How great is my calling!"
-Bruce R. McConkie

Saturday, April 24, 2010

je t'aime

je t'aime=i love you
I'm really terrible at French, but Sister Seube and I discovered my French accent is much better with a Lion House roll in my mouth. seriously. =) On Sunday I attempted making 'crepes' for her for dinner. I didn't have a receipe though. She took one bite and said,"MMMM.. its so delicious! It tastes so American!" haha, oh well, at least she liked them. She convinced me to let her wax my armpits this week and it was the most painful thing of my life...still burns. We have a lot of fun together.
So this member gave us like 30 people to call in the UK and they all seemed to be Godless-Euro-businessmen. They were so rude. So I gave the remaining Brits away to Sister Terry from Scotland. I'm lame I know, but she said she'd like to try and call. So the next day we had group after group of people from the UK! And they were all pretty cold and tough on us...I think it was a punishment for giving away referrals. Then FINALLY this lady walks in the gate and says,"'I've got something to show you!" (With a Scottish accent) and I thought 'aw man not again" but she pulled a really old fancy spoon out of her fanny pack. It had the Salt Lake Temple engraved on it and it had a date...something over 100 years ago. I asked her where she got it and she said she found it 'cleaning her mums house after she died'. She had no idea where it came from. She said none of her family she knows of have every been to the US and she definitely doesn't know any Mormons. haha! So she came to return it! We were able to teach her more about the restored gospel and the Book of Mormon and she was really touched. She accepted to have the missionaries come and teach her more but promised her friends she wouldn't come home a Mormon =) I loved it.
I had a funny call this week. This guy called in for a Finding Faith in Christ DVD and he was really cool. I asked him how he got the pass along card and he said he got it from Sister Missionaries at the Cubs game =) haha. He said he hadn't been to the stadium since he was 8 so he came in and sat down and took the Lords name in vain...so the Sisters turned around and started telling him a bit more about Jesus Christ and gave him the card to call. He said he was really struggling and looking for more in his life right now and he needed to involve God, and this was an answer to his prayers. The Lord works in mysterious ways.
The work really is going really well-so many miracels every day. The sun is out and the flowers look BEATIFUL. I'm so happy! I love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu -Maegan

No comments: