"I am called of God. My authority is above that of kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my master and He has chosen me to represent Him--to stand in His place, to say and do what He Himself would say and do if He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me. My voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts; my doctrine is His doctrine.My Commission is to do what He wants done; To say what He wants said; to be a living modern witness in word and in deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous Latter-day work. How great is my calling!"
-Bruce R. McConkie

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

bonjour!

Its been a great week with my little Frenchie companion. Did you get the pictures of us? We are having such a good time and meeting the BEST people. The most memorable people this week were from France, Belgium, Columbia, Switzerland, Wisconsin, North Dakota, and AZ. We met an awesome family from the Navajo reservation by Page, AZ who want to learn more...I can't really picture missionaries out there but I'm sure they'll find a way =)

I love being with Sister Seube. Her English is really good but she says funny things sometimes like, "If I weren't a missionary right now I would go and lay in the herbs." ... "you mean the grass??" hahaha I like to tease her because she always calls me her "crazy American cheerleader companion". She finds the whole 'cheerleader' thing really great so I do cheers for her sometimes to make her laugh. Yesterday I got a package from Sister OBrien with a scarf (I gave her one of mine she really like when she left) some cookies, and a referral she got during her layover in ATL. Thats my girl. She said her flight was overbooked and they offered a $600 flight voucher and she figured after 1.5 years...whats 5 extra hours?? so she took it haha...and met a cool girl who wants to meet the missionaries ...so it was meant to be. It made me laugh so I thought I'd share. I like that you've met her.

Its funny the people we meet and how they end up on Temple Square. One couple whose motor home broke down, a pilot who was staying in town longer than he thought, and a military guy checking on Hill AFB for the day. Such random reasons but we can always see the Lord's hand in guiding them here. The military guy was really awesome. He had an LDS friend in HS and had lots of questions about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. He was so happy to finally have his own BOM and meet with the missionaries. He said,"There is just a different feeling here.... and an air about you guys...I dunno" Its just really fun to be a part of and see him try to describe what he was feeling. I told him he needs to find his friend from HS and tell him he is meeting with missionaries because I'd like to know if he were my friend and he said he'd try. =) I have met some really special people this week and I get this feeling in my heart like,"Finally you came!" I can tell this last month is going to be miraculous.

What else....oh, I discovered a mexican market with really cheap/good produce last week and we are going again this week. Then we are going to wander around SLC if the sun will stay out. Sister Seube makes me lots of fruits/veggies/etc and I make her lots of chocolate chip cookies. Its a great relationship.

Well thats about all that is coming to my mind at the moment. I LOVEEEEE YOU!!!!

No comments: