"I am called of God. My authority is above that of kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my master and He has chosen me to represent Him--to stand in His place, to say and do what He Himself would say and do if He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me. My voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts; my doctrine is His doctrine.My Commission is to do what He wants done; To say what He wants said; to be a living modern witness in word and in deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous Latter-day work. How great is my calling!"
-Bruce R. McConkie

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

i love the fall.

I love the fall! The leaves are beautiful, the weather is nice, and my birthday is in the fall =). Its my favorite time of year. Another thing I like about the fall is college football. Only this weekend I have liked it for different reasons than usual. There have been so many Airforce and TCU fans on the square the last couple of days. I was so surprised! Good fans. I was in Brigham Young's home most of the day and a lot came through there. Now those TCU fans know more about Brigham than most of the people in the stadium do I'm sure =)
So my birthday was great! Thank you so much for the presents and cards and everything. I felt so special. In the morning, my roomies made me breakfast and then we went to the temple. No better way to start your birthday. Heavenly Father gave me lost of presents (a.k.a. blessings) as well. I met some great people who were ready to hear the gospel for the missionaries in their various parts of the world-yippeee. When I got home my APT was covered in streamers and some sisters were over for brownies. They put on the wildest EFY/Instrumental music they could find, ha, and we had a little dance party which was SO FUN. I general don't stop dancing, but it was fun to see some of the other sisters let loose!Temple Square is the same as I remembered it. A place of miracles. Every day I meet the most amazing people who at first just want to see some cool buildings and seem annoyed by us, but usually within a few minutes they have softened and want to have, know, and feel more. Its so cool. Oh ya, one of my favorite families from Montana, the Woodwards, came to temple square on their way to AZ and brought me a b-day cake and poster from their kids!!
Random, but ya know that workout thing where you are in a push up position but down on your forearms? Well president bet me that I couldn't do it for 6 minutes straight by Jan. 15th this morning. He is going to compete against me =/ pray for me! haha
Family, please know how much I love you all and pray for you. I talked to President Holmes this week about how much I love my grandpa hansen and worry about him, and he had some comforting words for me; I wish I could convey what he said to you. But what I felt was that Heavenly Father's plans are frequently different than ours, but I trust in Him and pray that grandpa will have the comfort and peace that he needs. As well as all of you. This life is so short, but we have eternity. I love you all so much. Have a great week.
Love, Maeg

No comments: