"I am called of God. My authority is above that of kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my master and He has chosen me to represent Him--to stand in His place, to say and do what He Himself would say and do if He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me. My voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts; my doctrine is His doctrine.My Commission is to do what He wants done; To say what He wants said; to be a living modern witness in word and in deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous Latter-day work. How great is my calling!"
-Bruce R. McConkie

Sunday, November 1, 2009

BOO!

Hi!! I'm emailing a bit late today because we had zone conference this morning. We went to Heritage Park and did service. I was in a group that was organizing all of the costumes from The Work and the Glory--it was fun. I couldn't resist trying on a few of the hats =) There were a few groups shoveling poop so I definately lucked out. Tonight the square closes at 6 and we haven't been told what we are doing to celebrate. We are not allowed to dress up but I bought fake eye lashes so I could at least feel a little halloweenish!
Some of my favorite people this week were four Engineering students from Bangladesh. They are muslim and I just LOVE teaching people with non-christian backgrounds. I missed that in Montana. There is nothing as powerful as simply testifying of the divinity of Jesus Christ. As we sat them down in the tabernacle to teach them more about Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon, and our modern day prophet they were just soaking it all in and the Spirit was very strong. Its interesting--with the Joseph Smith story people will either laugh in your face or soak it in likes sponges. These people were sponges =) All four wanted the Book of Mormon and for missionaries to come and teach them more--yipppeeeeee!!!!!
Things have really slowed down around here, but there are still some really great people coming. I like being in the Beehive House and Family Search. Its pretty much the district nobody wants to be in, but I think they just don't know what they are missing. You just really have to get creative =) I met a super cute couple from Vegas this week in FS and the guy was a high school football/baseball coach and he said he wanted to stop by on his way to Park City because his 'favorite athletes are mormon' =) That made me happy. I would say nearly EVERYONE we meet has a friend/neighbor/coworker who is LDS that has given them some sort of an impression of the church...usually good. I am so grateful for the good examples of members-it makes our job a 1000 times easier. Except when they know members that don't shower, shave, etc. hah.
So remember in elementary school when people called me dumbo because of my ears? Well I haven't heard that in a while but my new nickname is RATON (mouse in spanish =) Thats what sister Romero calls me because of my ears. A couple of people outbound told me I look like an elf from Lord of the Rings--I've never seen the movie but I don't think its a compliment! This week our Zone leaders were doing a training and we had to role play. Sister Romero came up behind me to contact me and I turned around pulling a really scary rat/gopher face and she SCREAMED so loud and we were crying laughing so hard. Maybe you had to be there =/ Sister Romero and I have a lot of fun; she is a loca mexicana. We dance in our apartment every morning and at night before bed. She said she was starting to feel bored with being a missionary (she's only been out 6 months), but she has realized this transfer that you can work hard and have a lot of fun at the same time. Its good. I LOVE being a missionary!! And I love you all!!!Peace out homies!!!!! xoxo Sista Olsennnn
Me & Sister Khaliun from Mongolia

Sister Littlejohn from CA, Sister Khaliun from Mongolia, and Sis Jeung from S. Korea. Three of my favorites.

My zone!

No comments: