"I am called of God. My authority is above that of kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my master and He has chosen me to represent Him--to stand in His place, to say and do what He Himself would say and do if He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me. My voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts; my doctrine is His doctrine.My Commission is to do what He wants done; To say what He wants said; to be a living modern witness in word and in deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous Latter-day work. How great is my calling!"
-Bruce R. McConkie

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

********

That subject title is snow because it is snowing outside right now =)
I have had a great week! And this is going to be the best pday ever because Sister Romero and I got permission to go to Disney Princess' on Ice!!!! I can't wait! Its my Christmas present for Sister Romero because I think she is going outbound. Transfers are the day before Thanksgiving this time! I leave on Tuesday to go up to Park City for the week! Friends: if you need to do some Christmas shopping at the outlets, this week would be a good time =) The Family tree center is on Main St. The dancers from 'So you think you can dance' came to Temple Square this week. Unfortunately, I haven't watched TV in a year so it wasn't even cool.
I had a neat experience this week. There was a group of businessmen that came, I think 1/2 from Germany and 1/2 from the UK and they wanted us to show them around. Well, they were kind of all over the place so I started just talking to this one German man. He asked some questions like if we are christian and what the Book of Mormon is and so on, then I asked him "Do you believe in God?" And he said that he was a physicist and he did not believe in God. We talked for a bit about how he came to the conclusion there was no God. Then I was able to share with him that God is the literal father and creator of his Spirit and that God loves him and has a plan for him. (Until this point he looked rather skeptical but I saw a physcial change in his face as peace came over him) Then I opened my Book of Mormon and read from the intro,"Concerning this record the Prophet Joseph Smith said: “I told the brethren that the Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book.”I told him he needed to read the Book of Mormon, study it, and pray about it. Then he would know, by the power of the Holy Ghost, that there is a God and that he will know this with such power that he can not deny it. I said,"You're a scientist, test it out!" He was so excited to have the missionaries bring him the Book of Mormon in Germany and teach him more! It was a miracle. Sister Hofmann was really happy to hear about it =) I love the Book of Mormon. I know that it has brought me closer to my Heavenly Father and helped me to understand the love He and Jesus Christ have for me and I want that for EVERYONE!Lots of love, Maegan

No comments: