"I am called of God. My authority is above that of kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my master and He has chosen me to represent Him--to stand in His place, to say and do what He Himself would say and do if He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me. My voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts; my doctrine is His doctrine.My Commission is to do what He wants done; To say what He wants said; to be a living modern witness in word and in deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous Latter-day work. How great is my calling!"
-Bruce R. McConkie

Friday, November 20, 2009

Park Citaaayyyyy


I am in park city now and we have a little pday to unpack and walk around town. Where I am is the Family Tree Center which is a little geneology center on the main street in park city. Basically we are surrounded by fancy boutiques and ritzy restaraunts. There is a couple here, the Taylors, who are AWESOME that are the directors of the center. Our district leaders stay up here all six weeks and have a different companionship each week staying with them. In the picture I attached, the bottom is the FS center and where the balcony is on top is our apartment. Big room, kitchen, and two bathrooms. Its REALLY nice. It seems a bit dead here at the moment, but hopefully we'll get some snow and skiiers in here soon! I included a picture of us partying it up in one of the local pubs =)
Disney Princess' on Ice was so DREAMY!! I attached a few pictures. People kept staring at us like we were aliens and a few people asked if we were allowed to be there. haha. I realized while I was there how sheltered I have been for the last year. When the little mermaid came out I was a little surprised out how immodest she was! I also had to cover my companion's eyes in a few kissing scenes =) We might have been the only girls there over the age of 10 (with the exception of their moms) but we knew the words better than anyone else. Sister Romero only knew some of them in Spanish =) I love serving on Temple Square!!!!
I don't know when you will hear from me again becuase transfers are
next Wed and I don't know what my new pday will be. I love you very very very much! -Sister Olsen

No comments: