"I am called of God. My authority is above that of kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my master and He has chosen me to represent Him--to stand in His place, to say and do what He Himself would say and do if He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me. My voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts; my doctrine is His doctrine.My Commission is to do what He wants done; To say what He wants said; to be a living modern witness in word and in deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous Latter-day work. How great is my calling!"
-Bruce R. McConkie

Monday, November 9, 2009

Hola!

Hola!
Let me tell you something I am excited about right now. This week I spoke to 5 spanish speakers in the call center and all of them referred! Sister Romero puts me on the spot a lot and asks me to share my testimony in Spanish on tours and I've been reading El Libro de Mormon, so I decided I just need to stop being a chicken and just call people in Spanish. Honestly, my grammer is really bad, ha, but they get the point =) The spanish-SLC Elders brought a few investigators to temple square this week and Sis. Romero took them around and at one point I knew I had to share something, so I tapped Sister Romero on the shoulder to interrupt. Then in the best Spanish I could think of, I told them that they needed to be baptized by Gods authority which has been restored to the earth. I told them it was a big promise with big blessings. haha the Elders eyes were SO big. Fortunately,The Spirit was really strong and the elders thanked me afterwards =)
There were these 4 older gentlemen from Tennessee here this week and they really made me miss Dani. They had such strong accents! One of them said to Sis. Romero,"I'm sorry little lady. I'm just a red-neck and I can't understand that language you are speaking." haha we all spoke English but I had to do a lot of interpreting during the entire conversation. Two of them wanted the missionaries to come and teach them more about the Book of Mormon, one was scared of us and stood about 20 feet away the whole time (close enough to hear what we were saying but far enough away to run away if needed =) and the last one said that the Elders go to his house and eat ice cream with him all the time--yet he knew very little about the gospel. strange.
Oh ya funny story. I went to the mission Doctor this week =/ I heard he was a bit of a wack and didn't want to go to him but Nicki told me about a perscription for acne scars so I wanted to go and get it from him. Here is our conversation.Dr.: So what is the problem?
Me:I was wondering if I could get a perscription for my acne scars...
Dr: No next question.
Me: But I...
Dr.:No
Me: Well...
Dr. No! We are not having this conversation right now. Not as a missionary. Stop being so vain! And if your still haven't gotten over it by the time you get home, go see a plastic surgeon! Next.
I just stared at him for a few long seconds and got up and left the room. hahhahahhahaha. So I'm trying to stop being so vain. My scars should keep me humble in the mean time =)Today two sisters in the Chat district came up to me and gave me a big hug from Nicki and Nathan. (there is a district that teaches online all the way to baptism through mormon.org) Nathan is the bishop of one of their investigators and they called him to let him know she'd be going to church this Sunday. Small world! Oh ya, one of my espanol referrals was in the Bronx, that made me happy.Gotta run! I am going to get my hair cut. Funny thing is, I'm getting it done by the same person that did it before my mission while I was going to BYU.
LOVE LOVE LOVE you ALL!!!!
-Sister Olsen
ps Landon-I read the Hobbit in 6th grade and didn't like it so I didn't bother with the other books or movies. ha, maybe things have changed since 6th grade. Sorry to disapoint you!

No comments: