"I am called of God. My authority is above that of kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my master and He has chosen me to represent Him--to stand in His place, to say and do what He Himself would say and do if He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me. My voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts; my doctrine is His doctrine.My Commission is to do what He wants done; To say what He wants said; to be a living modern witness in word and in deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous Latter-day work. How great is my calling!"
-Bruce R. McConkie

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

thanks!

Happy thanksgiving!

Okay this has been a pretty interesting transfer...I'm still in Park City!! I'm going to be here for the whole transfer. I am still with Sister Romero and my new assignment is the District Leader of the family search district. That means that the 5 companionships in my district will take turns coming up a week at a time and we will stay here the entire six weeks. This is the BEST place in the world so I am really excited, but my heart does feel a little bit weird about being just down the street from the fam for Christmas =/ Oh well. At least you don't have to pay any postage on my oranges! The Taylors asked if we wanted to go to Heber for next p-day and that kind of freaked me out. I think I'll have to pass on that.

Today was such a fun p-day. The Taylors took us to Olympic park and we took the tour there. There were people practicing jumping and you get to go to the top of the big jump and look down. It was kind of scary! You should go and take the tour at Christmas time, its really neat. Then the Taylors took us to a fancy chinese restraunt and grocery shopping after that. They TOTALLY spoil us. Sister Taylor will just be like,"This is boring let go get a milk shake" or just say "go on a field trip and get some fresh air" and we go and wander the streets.

This is the slowest time of the year to be here but there are still some great people coming in. A husband, wife, and little girl from CA came in two days ago and they really weren't interested in family history at all. The lady just came in and asked if we could answer some of her questions. She said she loves the BYU channel and has a Book of Mormon. She asked what the differences between our church and other Christian churches are and we shared with her the message of the restoration. She asked some deep doctorine questions but every answer we gave her she said agreed with and said she had always felt that way. It was AMAZING. The Spirit was really strong and she teared up as she said she wanted her 6-year-old daughter to be like sister romero and I. She is really excited to meet with the missionaries back in her area. YAY!

Sister Romero has caught me sleep talking/walking several times back at Temple Square. She said one night I scared her to death because I jumped out of bed and started doing a cheer and was yelling so loud. haha. We have bunk beds and I'm on top and Sis. Romero said she is so afraid I'll jump out at night...yet she still wont give me the bottom =)

I have a little photo album Landon's family gave me for last christmas and the Sisters that are up here this week were looking through it and one was in Sam Nielsen's home ward (sis t. pena) and the other Sister from North Carolina recognized one of landon's mission companions (wiggins)..she dated his cousin or something. Small world.

Ya know how I forget and lose everything? I thought I had gotten a lot better but today elder taylor said he is worried about the signs of early alzheimers (sp?) I'm showing. dang.

Oh ya, the day that we got to park city my district leader went home (diabetes =) so we were in a trio up here with the remaining sister (Sister Rodriquez) for the week. Her and Sister Romero are short little mexicanas so I looked super funny with them, I'll see if I can find a pic to send. I think I have one from our "field trip" to the Mexican market.

We don't know what the plans are for Thanksgiving yet, things are always to secretive around here! I'm sure it'll beat the MTC food regardless. I have so much to be thankful for. I am especially thankful for my family, even though I won't be with you guys this year. I am grateful the Lord has given me this opportunity to share the Gospel and I wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING! I really have more than I could ever possibly need. I love you.

xoxo,
Sister Maegan Olsen

No comments: