"I am called of God. My authority is above that of kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my master and He has chosen me to represent Him--to stand in His place, to say and do what He Himself would say and do if He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me. My voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts; my doctrine is His doctrine.My Commission is to do what He wants done; To say what He wants said; to be a living modern witness in word and in deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous Latter-day work. How great is my calling!"
-Bruce R. McConkie

Thursday, December 3, 2009

December!

Hey there!
I feel like Thanksgiving was like 10 years ago but I haven't written you about it yet so I'll do my best to try and recollect...There was a surprisingly good crowd in the Family Tree on Thanksgiving, which was fun, then we left at 1:30 to go to a place called 'Noahs' in South Jordan. Its a super fancy convention/reception place that had a movie theater, pool, ping pong <3, dancing ="">
On Sunday, after church, Sister Taylor made us SO MUCH FOOD! She cooked a 23 lb. turkey just for us =) I requested some sort of jello salad and she said," div awesome.<>
Today the Taylors took us down to SLC to do some shopping and afterward treated us to cheesecake factory. mmmmmmmmm. I love that place.I just realized my whole email is about food so far. haha, I promise I've had some great spiritual experiences this week. Last night we had 11 scouts here to get their geneology merit badge. It was WILD. One particularly memorable person this week was a cute single mom with two little boys from Temecula, CA. Her boys were ADORABLE-4 and 6. She is dating a guy from here and came to visit. She was really interested in geneology and I had a lot of fun getting to know her. She accepted to have the missionaries come and teach her more about the church back in CA. I looked at her and those boys and had such a good feeling in my heart, because I know how much the message those Elders are bringing her will bless their little family. Some days are really slow here, but just knowing I could be an instrument in helping them receive the restored gospel makes it all worth it. I love what I am doing right now and I know there is no better place for me to be than here, serving the Lord and helping others to come to know Him. Its amazing.
LOVE LOVE LOVE,
Sister Olsen

my bday party. we get pretty wild to efy music =)

with my locas mexicanas (If I ever ask them what we should do gauruntee their answer will involve tequila)

in front of the family tree center on pday at the motab


No comments: