"I am called of God. My authority is above that of kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my master and He has chosen me to represent Him--to stand in His place, to say and do what He Himself would say and do if He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me. My voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts; my doctrine is His doctrine.My Commission is to do what He wants done; To say what He wants said; to be a living modern witness in word and in deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous Latter-day work. How great is my calling!"
-Bruce R. McConkie

Friday, December 11, 2009

Baby all i want for Christmas is YOU!

Hey hey!
Today was kind of a long p-day because we were making so many Christmas goodies and I'm really tired! We thought it would be fun to make goodies for our neighbors here on main st. (main st pizza, alaska fur company, etc.) and it took a little bit longer than we thought it would. It was really fun though and it really helped me to feel like it was Christmas.
This week we decorated the center with garland, red bows, snowflakes, and Christmas trees...its so cute! I also felt like it would be a good idea to trade out the Motab christmas and put andrea bocelli, amy grant, and david archuletta christmas CDs in =) Traffic has been REALLY slow this week, but we have a little Call Center that keeps us busy and we have extra study time so its okay. The people that do come in seem to be extra prepared and willing to listen so its worth the wait. There was a little boy this week who was 10 years old and was here from San Diego who was trying out the luge track and his mom said he had researched all there is to do in Park City and the Family Tree Center was where they HAD to go first. He had interviewed his grandpa for a school project and became very interested in genealogy. We found lots of info his mom didn't even know about and they had a great time. When I tried to share a bit more about the church she became very closed, so I had to hold back. I love that little boy and I believe that he will lead his family in a very good direction. No wonder Christ tells us we need to be more like children!
On Sunday we went to the Park City ward and it was testimony meeting. Actually it started out as a rather lame 'thanktimony' meeting which drives me nuts. Thankfully, Sister Romero shared her testimony, then Sister Cook from the Young Womens General Presidency got up, so my heart just felt so full I had to stand up =) Afterwards, Sister Cook came up to us and gave us big hugs and thanked us for serving missions and sharing our testimonies. It was awesome. Then at night we got to go down to Salt Lake with the Taylors and see the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. Wonderful. It was Sis. Romeros first time ever seeing the lights so she was running around like a kid in a candy shop! It was so cute. There I ran into a few people I knew but I could get Sis. Romero to stay by me so it was pretty brief =( I was a bit stressed because I knew it was snowing back in PC and I had to drive us and another companionship back at night. Such precious cargo! I also drove us down yesterday morning for Zone conference which was wonderful as always. There was a focus on the Savior and His life--perfect. We could just do that every zone conference and i'd be happy! Now we have our third set of Sisters up here--Sister Arnquist and Ledezma. They are so much fun! I love getting to know the Sisters; every night is like a slumber party here. A slumber party that ends at 10:30 of course =)
I love Christmas time. It is a time to focus on our Savior Jesus Christ and what is really important in life. People do seem to be more giving and kind this time of year. I love it. And I love you all. I hope you are having a wonderful time and know how much I think about you and pray you. Forever, Sister Olsen

No comments: