"I am called of God. My authority is above that of kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my master and He has chosen me to represent Him--to stand in His place, to say and do what He Himself would say and do if He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me. My voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts; my doctrine is His doctrine.My Commission is to do what He wants done; To say what He wants said; to be a living modern witness in word and in deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous Latter-day work. How great is my calling!"
-Bruce R. McConkie

Friday, February 19, 2010

meeeeeeee

Sorry to stress you out with no email last week! You know when you feel really tired and it hurts to swollow so you know a cold is coming on? Thats how I was last week and somehow I stared at my computer for 30 minutes without writing a thing. I had been up coughing all night before I took Whit and her friends around so I didn't quite feel like myself on Sunday either but I'm feeling much better now!

We had transfers and IM WITH SISTER OBRIEN AGAIN!!!! This is Sister O'Briens last transfer and so I promised her I would work her to death =) Its going to be amazing. I love her!

We had a lot of really good experiences this week. One that was really memorable were two families that came together for a tour. They were visiting from California and the kids were three boys ages 9, 10, and 12 and they were SUPER smart kids. At the end of the tour both of the dad's referred to learn more from the missionaries and we gave the little kids mormon.org cards. On the back the cards say -What is the true nature of God? Can families be together forever? Where do we go after this life? The ten year old shouted,"How do I find the answers to these questions!?!" (His face looked so concerned) I asked him, "Have you ever asked any of these questions?" and the older one said, "Oh ya DEFINATELY the last one!" I was able to share with them that God put all of those answers in the scriptures and that they'd have to read, study, and ask God for help to find the answers. I promised them that they would find the answers and they were SO EXCITED! I had never seen kids like this before. They said they love reading the Bible and they can't wait to read the Book of Mormon. They reminded me of all the cute stories Nicki tells me about her primary kids =) No wonder Christ invites us to become like little children, they rock. Unfortunately the conversation was cut short becuase they were flying out of Park City on a private plane and their pilot called and said the weather was getting bad and they had to leave ASAP. It was the most meaningful 15 minute contact of my mission!

Another cool thing is that Sister OBrien and I have never served at Welfare Square or the Humanitarian Center and we have always dreamed of it. This week we got asked to cover both of them and we said yes!....no one bothered to ask if we'd ever done it before or been trained on it, haha, they probably assumed we had since we've been out a while =) It actually went really well. Miracle for sure.

Oh ya, remember how I told you about the awesome guy that I accidentally called that lives in Sis. OBriens area? Justin. Well her parents wrote and said the missionaries in the area contacted him and he is meeting with them this week. PRAY FOR HIM!! Yay!

Our zone this transfer is pretty different so Im trying to get to know all of the Sisters better. There are only 10 new sisters and 2 of them from out of the country. They are from Italy and Switzerland and I prayed they'd both be in my zone and they are! God answers prayers...and I pray for some weird things haha.

I am in transfer 11 of 12. How did that happen? I think I'm suppose to be getting tired but I feel like I'm just getting started! I feel an extra sense of urgency to share this message with all of my heart to everyone I meet. I want the other Sisters to feel the same way I do and I hope I can somehow pass the vision Sister OBrien and I have for this great work on to the sisters!!!!!!

Sister OBrien and I started going on runs around the city for p-day and its really nice. So I suppose thats what we'll do today. Its just kind of hard in the city because you want a nice breath of fresh air and it tastes like cigarettes. gross. I prefer the smell of cows and irrigation any day =) I LOOOOVEEE YOU!!!!!! -maegan

No comments: