"I am called of God. My authority is above that of kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my master and He has chosen me to represent Him--to stand in His place, to say and do what He Himself would say and do if He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me. My voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts; my doctrine is His doctrine.My Commission is to do what He wants done; To say what He wants said; to be a living modern witness in word and in deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous Latter-day work. How great is my calling!"
-Bruce R. McConkie

Monday, March 1, 2010

hi.

Another fabulous week for me!!! Sister O'Brien and I have been having a really good time. Its crazy having lots of new people in our zone and trying to make some changes for the better so its nice to at least have the same companion as last transfer. I don't want her to leave me ;( A few weeks ago I died her hair really dark and cut bangs and this week I cut off like 4 inches. I told her she needs her outside to be new and improved like her inside when she goes home, haha. She looks so adorable. We are going to spoon me today. mmmmmmmmm

Last night was really fun. Sister O'Brien and I went to a bishopric training meeting in South Jordan and had some time at the beginning to tell them about the programs and opportunites they have to strengthen their wards by using temple square more. There were 12 wards and the stake presidency all at a big table staring up at us and i really enjoyed it--thats my kind of thing. We shared some experiences and brought a few grown men to tears and scheduled them to come with their youth groups and investigators. I'm looking forward to a few more to go to this month.

Yesterday we had Elder Pace of the seventy come and talk to us. Its was nice. But it started at 6:30am so there's not too much more I can tell you about it, ha =/

This week there were a couple of sisters ending a tour in the tabernacle and we were walking towards them to see how it went and I saw a Dad with his 11 yr old daughter standing at the back. I told sister O'Brien we needed to talk to them instead so we made a little detour. They were from Iowa and he had business out here and since he is away from home a lot he decided to bring his daughter. They were so cute together. We shared about the tabernacle being used to hear the words of our prophet and ask what they thought about God calling a prophet today and the Dad just looked at his daughter and said,"I dunno Maddie, what do you think about it? We probably need one huh?" And she said, "Ya I think so." It was a lot of fun to talk to them more about it and they were so open and happy to receive the missionaries. He also has 6 yr old and 18 mon. old children back at home and they are going to be an eternal family soon!! He seriously looks like a bishop. I love it!

In the morning for exercise I've been learning a traditional japanese dance that tells some story about fishermen. My legs feel like they are going to fall off! I don't have any muscles at the moment but I'm working on it so I can teach you when I get home. Family home evening? =)

Have a grrrrrreat week. LOVE ALWAYS, Maegan

No comments: