"I am called of God. My authority is above that of kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my master and He has chosen me to represent Him--to stand in His place, to say and do what He Himself would say and do if He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me. My voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts; my doctrine is His doctrine.My Commission is to do what He wants done; To say what He wants said; to be a living modern witness in word and in deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous Latter-day work. How great is my calling!"
-Bruce R. McConkie

Friday, March 19, 2010

some pictures too!

Sister OBrien did a great job of doing a play by play of when we said goodbye so I tried to attach a few of them. It was soooooo fun to have you all here. Seriously it made me even more motivated to talk with everyone I could because I realized how much the gospel has blessed our family. More than I had even imagined. As I heard your testimonies my heart was touched and I felt so close to you in that one hour we had together. And I still get to eat oranges and grapefruits every day and am reminded of how great you are! I left some in the Sister's lounge and Sister Pena from AZ said she ate one and commented, "Wow these are awesome. They taste like they are from AZ!" And then she found out they were from my family and was really happy =) I have so many details to write in my journal I'm still trying to catch up!

GREAT NEWS! I just screamed inside the family seach center and got in trouble because Justin Williams HAS A BAPTISIMAL DATE!!!! He is the guy I accidentally called and still invited to meet with the missionaries. All I know is he is 18 and is getting baptized some time in April. WOOHOOOO!!

And more great news. Sister OBrien spoke with Blake a few days ago and he accepted to have the missionaries bring him a DVD called finding happiness from me! He was SO confused about me serving a mission..in SLC of all places, and why I couldn't be the one to call him. Fortunately he still said yes. I can't wait to talk to him after my mish. haha. I wrote him a letter aleady explaining a bit more about what I'm doing and why I thought of him. I love that kid. He needs the gospel. Rodney also said yes to missionaries and I hope he has time to hear the message they share. I think the missionaries will be calling dad first.

Sister Lyon, President Homes' secretary paged me today and I was avoiding her at first because I knew she had my travel itenerary. BOO. I'll forward it on to you at some point so you know what time to pick me up from the airport but at this point I don't think its really relevant. =)

I LOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YOU!!!!!!!!!!! -Sister Maegan




1 comment:

Tim and Jennifer said...

Got teary eyed looking at the family photo. What a beautiful fam!! I can't believe she comes home so soon!