"I am called of God. My authority is above that of kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my master and He has chosen me to represent Him--to stand in His place, to say and do what He Himself would say and do if He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me. My voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts; my doctrine is His doctrine.My Commission is to do what He wants done; To say what He wants said; to be a living modern witness in word and in deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous Latter-day work. How great is my calling!"
-Bruce R. McConkie

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

MEEE

Hi!!!!!

I have so much to tell you about! Things add up when you haven't had a pday for 10 days =)

So my new companion is a dream come true. I'm training a new sister named Sister Seube from Bayonne, France. Its on the coast near Spain. She is the BEST! Actually she is SO much like Sister Hofmann its funny sometimes. Really intense missionary, obedient, diligent, funny, and a friend. Okay its only been a week but really she is great. President told me I should be happy the Lord trusts me to train in my last transfer and that he knows I won't slow down or quit early and that made me happy. After a couple of days together Sister Seube looked at me so seriously and said,"How do you do it? It is not natural. You have SO much energy!"

General Conference was so much fun! I can't believe I didn't see anyone I know. I think the Lord really must not have wanted me to since just about everyone I know was looking for me. I guess it will just make things even more exciting when I get home. After this conference I have such a huge appreciation for the members of the church. They are amazing and so faithful to trust us to call their friends and share the gospel. I think almost everyone we asked, after sharing my testimony and some gentle persuasion, thought of someone we could call! It was a miracle. Our goal for the two days as a mission was 3,000 referrals...which we thought was a high goal, but we ended up getting 4,780. We wanted to get a referral for every mission in the world =) We met in the tabernacle at 9pm on Sunday and had a concluding meeting. I shed a few tears thinking about how many souls will get to hear the restored gospel in these next few weeks. I also thought about how far our mission has come and changed within the last 16 months. I feel very blessed to be working under the leadership of President and Sister Holmes. Did I tell you the First Presidency asked them to extend for a year? YAY!

Its always neat to see the people who are not members of the Church who come to Temple Square during General Conference. I met a man and his son from South Carolina at the Christus and he said, "I'm sorry I thought I'd see a lot more people here in their ski coats too." Haha it was the perfect opportunity to tell them about God calling another prophet in our day and how he was speaking right across the street to millions of people. He asked a few questions and I began to tell him about Joseph Smith and he stopped me....pulled out his cell phone... and called his wife who was with their two other kids in the basement and said,"You need to come up and hear this right now!" So Sister Seube and I got them together and taught them more. The Spirit was so strong and they accepted to receive a copy of the Book of Mormon and listen to the missionaries. I told them that the Lord sent the best and most prepared families to hear this message during General Conference. They were so happy and thanked us for our time.

There were so many other people like them that afterwards I just thought, "Wow, did that really just happen?" I can't think of a better way to have spent my Easter Sunday. We were assigned to be at the Christus all day which was a wonderful reminder of why I am on a mission. It is for Him. I would frequently look up at the beautiful art work of the resurrected Christ and feel so much peace knowing that HE LIVES. And that he is at the head of this church and amazing work I am involved in.

I love you all and hope you had a fabulous Easter. XOXOxoxo, Sister Olsen
Sunday night...trying to look American and French. She finds it really hilarious that she has 'an american cheerleader' as a companion. So I do cheers for her all the time.

Dead.
Saturday morning in front of the Conference Center.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nielsens said...

1 month! 1 month! 1 month!!!!!!!